BMC Oral Health is calling for submissions to our Collection on “Advancing oral health care for vulnerable patients."
BMC Oral Health is pleased to announce a new collection “Advancing oral health care for vulnerable patients” in support of the United Nations’ Sustainable Development Goals (SDG) 3 (Good Health and Well-Being) and SDG10 (Reduced Inequalities).
Vulnerable populations, including the elderly, disabled, and economically disadvantaged, often experience significant barriers to accessing oral health care. These patients are at increased risk for a range of oral health problems, including tooth decay, gum disease, and oral cancer. Advances in oral health care have the potential to improve the quality of life and overall health outcomes for vulnerable patients.
We welcome submissions on a range of topics related to advancing oral health care for vulnerable patients, including but not limited to:
- Innovative approaches to improving access to oral health care for vulnerable patients
- Evaluation of oral health care interventions for vulnerable populations
- Addressing disparities in oral health care for vulnerable patients
- Novel technologies and approaches for diagnosing and treating oral health problems in vulnerable patients
- Strategies for improving oral health education and promotion among vulnerable populations
- Collaborative models of care involving oral health care providers and other healthcare professionals
- Ethical and legal considerations in providing oral health care for vulnerable patients
Image credit: © Proxima Studio / stock.adobe.com