BMC Veterinary Research is calling for submissions to our Collection on Advances in canine health research.
Research is a critical component of advancing our understanding of canine health, and technological advancements in recent years have led to significant progress in this field. As such, we are pleased to announce a special journal collection focused on the latest advances in canine research.
This special journal collection aims to provide a comprehensive overview of the latest updates and advances in canine research. We hope the collection will serve as a valuable resource for veterinarians and animal scientists interested in advancing our understanding of canine health, improving the care and management of dogs, and promoting the overall well-being of these important animals.
We welcome contributions from a broad range of relevant topics, including but not limited to:
- Canine genetics, inherited diseases diagnosis and management
- Optimal nutrition and feeding practices for disease prevention and management
- Environmental and behavioral factors affecting canine health and welfare
- Diagnosis and treatment of canine diseases, including infectious, degenerative, immunological and cancer
- Advancements in surgical techniques and technology for canine health conditions
- Personalized medicine and precision health using biomarkers and genomic data for canine disease management
- Telemedicine and digital health for remote consultations and monitoring of canine health
- One Health approach to canine health and zoonotic diseases with dogs as sentinels
- Dog-human relationships, including benefits, service dog training, and therapy dog programs
- Comparative studies of canine and human health, shared disease pathways, and canine models in human health research
Image credit: © LuckyBusiness / Getty Images / iStock