BMC Infectious Diseases is calling for submissions to our Collection on Immunotherapy for infectious diseases. In recent years, the landscape of infectious diseases has witnessed dynamic changes, posing significant challenges to global health. Traditional antimicrobial therapies have been the cornerstone of infectious disease management for decades. However, the emergence of drug-resistant pathogens, and the continuous threat of emerging infectious agents necessitate novel therapeutic strategies to tackle these complex adversaries. Collaborations between immunologists, microbiologists, pharmacologists, and clinicians have uncovered innovative approaches, such as monoclonal antibodies, adoptive cell therapies, and immune checkpoint inhibitors, which have shown remarkable efficacy in certain infectious diseases. Furthermore, the intersection of immunotherapy and precision medicine has enabled personalized treatment strategies, tailored to an individual's immune profile and pathogen characteristics. By continuing this research trajectory, we can envision a future where immunotherapies revolutionize infectious disease management, with highly targeted and potent interventions that minimize collateral damage to host tissues, prevent relapses, and offer long-lasting protection.
BMC Infectious Diseases is now accepting submissions to a Collection on immunotherapy for infectious diseases. This Collection aims to bring together groundbreaking research, innovative insights and transformative discoveries in the field of immunotherapy, offering a platform to explore the potential of this promising approach in combating infectious diseases.
This collection aims to cover a wide range of infectious diseases and therapeutic modalities, including but not limited to:
- Immunotherapy for viral infections
- Targeting the immune system in bacterial infections
- Novel therapeutic strategies for fungal infections
- Immunotherapeutic approaches to combat parasitic diseases
- Immune modulation for symptom alleviation in infectious diseases
- Therapeutic antibodies in immunotherapy for infectious diseases
- Enhancing pathogen elimination through immunotherapy
- Immunotherapeutic interventions for drug-resistant pathogens
- Immune checkpoint inhibitors as a novel approach in infectious disease treatment
- Immunotherapy for emerging and reemerging infectious diseases
Image credit: iLexx / Getty images / iStock