BMC Geriatrics is calling for submissions to our Collection on Telemedicine and telehealth in geriatric care.
Advances in medicine and health have led to a growing aging population, resulting in an urgent need to explore innovative approaches of healthcare delivery for older adults. Telehealth and telemedicine are rapidly evolving fields that have greatly impacted healthcare by removing barriers of geographical location and expanding access to specialized care. In the context of geriatrics, these digital technologies hold great promise for delivering personalized and patient-centred care, improving medication management, reducing hospital readmissions, and enhancing overall quality of life for older adults.
This collection aims to explore the impact and potential of telehealth and telemedicine in addressing the unique healthcare needs required by older people.
Potential topics of interest include, but are not limited to:
- Telehealth models and frameworks for providing comprehensive care to older adults
- Virtual geriatric assessments and remote monitoring of chronic conditions
- Remote medication management and adherence strategies
- Telehealth in nursing home/residential care settings
- Ethical considerations and legal implications of telemedicine
- Implementation challenges and strategies for integrating telehealth into geriatric care settings
- User experience and patient satisfaction with telehealth services for older adults
We encourage submissions from a range of disciplines, including geriatric medicine, telemedicine, nursing, psychology, public health, and healthcare technology.
Through the exploration of the opportunities and challenges involved in geriatric telehealth, this collection aims to advance the topic and contribute to development of policy and practice.
Image credit: YURII MASLAK / stock.adobe.com